- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Preacher Curl Instructions
- Set up for the cable preacher curl by grabbing a preacher bench and placing it in front of a low pulley cable machine. There should be about a 1-2 ft gap.
- Attach a straight bar to the low pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the bench with your upper arms on the pads and grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) at about shoulder width.
- Bend the arms slightly to apply tension to the biceps. This is the starting position.
- Slowly curl the bar up as far as possible, squeeze the biceps at the top, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Control the weight during the set, especially on the way down.
- Keep your upper arms fixed on the pads, and don't lean back as you curl the weight up.
- Keep your wrists straight.
is there an alternate for Cable Preacher Curl
alternative for this if i dont have a cable equipment?
Starting workout 9-2-14, comment in 1 week
Hello Steve,great program,I had a question for biceps.Do I loose anything by switching out bb curls for incline db's.
Hello everyone I just started this routine but what really is an alternative to this exercise? Would barbell or dumbell curls be good enough thanks
what is a good alternate of this excercise??
would it work with a normal preacher curl machine?
Hey, I just went through basically everyone of your "Bicep" exercises and I noticed something. Some of them include having Forearms as a secondary muscle, and some don't. What determines whether or not the forearms are getting worked out?? I'm trying to create a routine for myself, and I'd rather start doing a workout that DOES hit my forearms and not a workout that DOESN'T hit my forearms. Thanks.
As you know,I do my workout at home, wich exercise I can do Instead of Cable Preacher?
Thanks a lot.
i cant seem to pull it even halfway on 5kg. m weak i admit but not this much. my biceps seem to be weakest in my body. any way to eliminate the problem?
Hi Steve, Are there other alternative for this just using dumbbells? THanks in advance
This looks awesome. I've been doing toning weight training for a few years, now I'm wanting to get huge.
How long do you think the daily routines should take?
I've been doing his scheduled routines for a little over a week now, starting first with an intense 10-15 minute cardio and finishing everything in under an hour, but that is busting it!
I'm gunna start you routine soon with my 14yr old son. Starts football in July. Ive Been workin out for 8-9 yrs now, but been doing same routine. I myself am 49. Thx.
Can I do free weight preacher curls or machine instead of the cables?