Abs, Forearms, Lats, Shoulders, Traps
Power Slam Battling Rope Overview
The power slam battling rope exercise is a rope slam variation and an exercise used to primarily target the muscles of the shoulders, arms, and core.
Battle rope exercises, such as the power slam rope drill, are best used as a form of conditioning to get your heart rate up.
Alternatively, they can be used as an excellent shoulder and core finisher during your push or shoulder workouts.
Power Slam Battling Rope Instructions
- Setup in a good athletic base position with your knees slightly bent, feet shoulder width apart, and both hands holding the ropes.
- In a wave like motion, lift both arms overhead and generate full extension of the arms and hips before slamming the ropes to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired time, duration, or reps.
Power Slam Battling Rope Tips
- Keep some tension through the core to help transmit force through the floor and keep the spine somewhat neutral as your extremities are moving.
- It’s supposed to be a full body movement, get the legs involved at the point of impact to help absorb force. Don’t just simply rely upon your arms.
- Keep the knees soft to help lessen the load on your joints and keep it on the musculature.
- You can progress the movement by utilizing heavier ropes, changing the difficulty of the rope slam (i.e. utilizing variations that involve more joints), or by increasing the duration/repetitions.