One Arm Seated Dumbbell Front Raise Instructions
- Choose a dumbbell and sit on the end of a flat bench or a bench with a back rest with a straight back and feet close together.
- Hold the dumbbell in your left hand at your side with your arm extended using a neutral grip (palm facing the bench). This is the starting position.
- Begin by raising your left arm and twisting the dumbbell so that you are now using an overhand grip and your palm is facing the floor. Keep a slight bend in your elbow.
- Moving only at the shoulder and keeping your body as still as possible, continue raising the dumbbell out in front of you until your arm is just above parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a brief moment at the top of the movement, and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position - twisting it back to a neutral grip as it nears the height of the bench.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat the movement with your right arm.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.
- Use slow and controlled movement - avoid "swinging" the weights up and dropping them quickly.