- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Arm Prone Hammer Curl Instructions
- Set up for the one-arm prone hammer curl by setting an adjustable back bench to an angle of around 30-40 degrees.
- Grab a dumbbell with one arm and position yourself with your chest against the bench (prone position).
- Your feet should be used for stability on the floor, your shoulders should be about level with the top of the back padding and your arm should be hanging - holding the dumbbell with a neutral grip (palm facing towards your body).
- Put the tension on your bicep by slightly bending your arm. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbow fixed, slowly curl the dumbbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat the same on the other arm.
One-Arm Prone Hammer Curl Tips
- Your elbow should be fixed throughout the movement. Only your forearm should be moving.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.