- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One Arm Dumbbell Front Raise On Incline Bench Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by setting an adjustable back bench to an angle of around 30-40 degrees or using an incline bench.
- Grab a dumbbell with your left hand and position yourself with your back flat on the bench.
- Hold the dumbbell down at your side with your arm extended using an overhand grip (palms facing behind you). Slightly bend at the elbow. This is the starting position.
- Begin by raising your arm - keeping the slight bend in your elbow.
- Moving only at the shoulder and keeping your body as still as possible, continue raising the dumbbell out in front of you until your arm is just above parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a brief moment at the top of the movement, and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat with your right arm.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.
- Use slow and controlled movement - avoid "swinging" the weights up and dropping them quickly.