One Arm Cable Front Raise Instructions
- The cable front raise is a great exercise for isolating the front delts. Set up for the exercise by attaching a single grip handle to a low pulley cable machine and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Stand facing away from the machine and grip the handle with your left hand using an overhand grip (palm facing down).
- Stand up straight with your eyes forward, holding the handle just off your thighs pulling weight off the stack. This is the starting position.
- To execute, slowly raise the handle up to around shoulder height while keeping your arm straight and your body fixed.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight to the starting position.
- Do not allow the stack to drop or the handle to touch your body.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat using your right arm.
- This is an isolation exercise, so the focus should be on form and muscle contraction, not weight.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Do not allow the handle to touch your body, and do not allow your body to move (or swing) throughout the movement.
- The front raise is a good exercise to superset with a shoulder pressing exercise.