- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Arm Cable Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set up for the one-arm cable tricep extension by attaching a single grip handle to a high pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the machine and grab the handle with an overhand grip.
- Pull your elbow down and keep it tucked in at your wide. You can use your free arm for support.
- Keeping your body fixed, slowly extend the arm as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the tricep muscle, and then slowly lower the weight.
- Repeat this motion for desired reps, and then repeat for the right arm.
One-Arm Cable Tricep Extension Tips
- All of your body should remain still throughout the movement and your elbow should remain tucked in at your side. Do not move your elbow at all!
- Squeeze the tricep for a count of 2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
is it necessary to wear a centre guard????
he's not doing it wrong. he is using the triceps which is pulling... idiot.
Triceps are a pushing muscle, not a pulling muscle. They are engaged when doing such exercises as chest/ shoulder press. The technique in the video is perfectly fine for engaging the tricep
Incorrect grip. Muscles cannot actively push..reverse grip
He's using the triceps... which is pulling... idiot.
Incorrect grip. Muscle cannot actively push..reverse the grip.
Hi. I am struggling with stability when using a single arm. Why not use both at the same time with the ordinary tricepy extension? Thanks
Yo man I keep trying to get muscles of every part of my body to boast up but I am to like a speggitte that it couldnt stretch up......If I wishes to go gym people says me your height stops growing so tell me what I can do?
Hey man, weight lifting wont do anything to your height so you dont have to worry. You'll be a midget or your penis will be small are common myths in a weight lifting world for people who have no idea what they are talking about.