- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Arm Cable Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set up for the one-arm cable tricep extension by attaching a single grip handle to a high pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the machine and grab the handle with an overhand grip.
- Pull your elbow down and keep it tucked in at your wide. You can use your free arm for support.
- Keeping your body fixed, slowly extend the arm as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the tricep muscle, and then slowly lower the weight.
- Repeat this motion for desired reps, and then repeat for the right arm.
One-Arm Cable Tricep Extension Tips
- All of your body should remain still throughout the movement and your elbow should remain tucked in at your side. Do not move your elbow at all!
- Squeeze the tricep for a count of 2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.