- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One Arm Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the one arm cable curl by attaching a single grip handle to a low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Stand in front of the cable machine and grasp the handle with an underhand grip.
- Keeping your body fixed, elbow tucked in at your side, and eyes facing forward, slowly curl the weight up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the other arm.
- Always start with you weakest arm.
- Keep your body straight and fixed during the set. Do not swing back or lean back as you curl the weight up.
- Keep the elbow of the arm curling the weight tucked in at your side and use the other arm to stabilize your body.
- Only your forearm should be moving.