One Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Overview
The one arm bent over dumbbell tricep kickback is a classic tricep exercise that has stood the test of time.
People utilize the one arm bent over dumbbell tricep kickback to focus on contracting the triceps one at a time. It is traditionally performed as an accessory exercise towards the end of a bodybuilding hypertrophy style program.
One Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack and stand in an open area.
- Hinge forward, row the dumbbell into position, then extend the elbow while flexing the tricep.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
One Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Tips
- Hinge forward from the hips, there shouldn’t be excessive curvature within the lumbar spine.
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine, keep some tension through the abdominals.
- Exhale as you extend the dumbbell behind your body and flex the tricep.
- Keep the head in a fairly neutral position, focus on a spot on the floor and complete all of the assigned repetitions.