- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying High Pulley Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the lying high pulley cable curl by positioning a flat bench in front of a cable machine.
- Attach a straight bar to the high pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the bench with your back to the cable machine and grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing you).
- Lay back on the bench so your head is at the end closest to the cable machine.
- Keeping your upper arms fixed, slowly curl the bar towards the top of your head.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Do not let your upper arms move during the set. They should be pointing straight up and stay fixed!
- Use slow rep timing and control the weight.