Lats, Shoulders, Triceps
Lying Cable Pullover (Rope Extension) Instructions
- The lying cable pullover is a great alternative to the barbell pullover or dumbbell pullover. Set up for the exercise by getting a flat bench and placing it length ways in front of a low pulley cable machine. Leave about 2-3 feet between the bench and machine.
- Now attach a rope extension to the low pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Lay down on the bench on your back with your head up near the end closes to the cable machine.
- Either lean back and grasp the rope extension or have someone pass it to you. You should use a neutral grip, with your palms facing inwards.
- Keeping your arms straight, take the weight up off the stack. This is the starting position.
- Slowly pull your hands up and across the top of your head until they're pointing at around 45 degrees towards your feet.
- Pause, and then lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Use your muscles to control the weight throughout the set. Do not swing the weight up, or let it drop quickly.