- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying Cable Knee Raise Instructions
- To set up for the lying cable knee raise, get a flat bench and place it length ways about 3 feet in front of a low pulley cable machine.
- Attach ankle straps to the pulley and set the desired weight.
- Face the cable machine and place the ankle straps around your ankles.
- Sit on the bench facing the cable machine with your buttocks at the end of the bench.
- Lay back on the bench, grasping the other end of the bench above your head for support.
- Pull the knees up slightly to take the weight off the stack. Slowly pull your knees up as high as you can.
- Pause, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Do not let the weight touch the stack at all during the set.
Cable Knee Raise Tips:
- Add intensity to this exercise by pausing for longer at the top of the movement.
- Always do this exercise slowly. Don't use momentum to move the weight!
I see this in almost all the videos: