Lying Cable Front Raise Instructions
- Attach a straight bar to a low pulley cable and set the appropriate weight on the stack.
- Grab the bar with an overhand grip at around shoulder width apart. Facing the cable, bring the weight off the stack as you lay flat on your back.
- You can press your feet against the cable machine to aid in stability. Dependent on the length of your legs, you can place a block in front of the machine for stability.
- Hold the bar down near your waste with your arms extended and a slight bend in the elbows. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your arms extended and your elbows slightly bent, slowly raise the bar up until it is almost straight above your head.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- This is an isolation exercise so it's important that you focus on strict technique to isolate the front deltoids.
- Don't let the bar touch your body during the set.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and lower the weight slowly.
- Keep your mid section tight and your back straight. Don't swing to assist moving the weight up.
- Keep your head flat on the ground and look straight up at the ceiling during the movement.