Lying Knee Tuck to Heel Raise Overview
The lying knee tuck to heel raise exercise is a combination exercise that incorporates the lying knee tuck with the lying heel raise.
The exercise is used to isolate the abdomen and focuses on the lower region of your abs.
Lying Knee Tuck to Heel Raise Instructions
- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your legs straight and your hands underneath your low back for support.
- Raise the knees toward your forehead while contracting your abdominals and exhaling.
- Once your knees are slightly above parallel, straighten your legs and push your heels towards the ceiling. Once your hips are off the floor and your abdominals have fully shortened, slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
- Complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
Lying Knee Tuck to Heel Raise Tips
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.