- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Knee Push-Up Instructions
Knee push-ups are a good exercise to use if you're not yet strong enough to do regular push-ups.
- Set up for the knee push-up in the same way you'd set up for a regular push-up, only your lower body will rest on your knees and not your feet. Your body should still be straight.
- Lower your body towards the floor until your torso is about 1 inch from the floor. Pause, then slowly raise your body back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Knee Push-Up Tips
- Keep your body straight throughout the exercise.
- Place your hands around 36 inches apart or just past shoulder width.
- Knee push-ups are also great for finishing off an intense chest workout.