Incline Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Position an incline bench at roughly 55-65 degrees, select the desired weight from the rack, and sit upright with your back flat against the pad.
- Using a supinated (palms up) grip, take a deep breath and curl both dumbbells towards your shoulders.
- Once the biceps are fully shortened, slowly lower the weights back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Incline Dumbbell Curl Tips
- Don’t allow the elbows to shift behind the body. Similarly, make sure the shoulder doesn’t shift forward in the socket as you lower the weight.
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.