- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Incline Bench Hammer Curl Instructions
- The incline bench dumbbell hammer curl is a good exercise to totally isolate the bicep muscle while also hitting the forearms. Set an adjustable bench to an angle of around 45 degrees.
- Grab a dumbbell and position yourself at the highest end of the bench.
- Rest the back of your upper arm on the bench padding and allow your arm to fully extend until the dumbbell is almost touching the bench.
- You should be holding the dumbbell using a neutral grip, thumb facing towards you.
- Use your other arm for support by holding the bench.
- Tense your bicep and slowly curl it up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the muscle, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the other arm.
- Don't let the dumbbell touch the bench throughout the set.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.