- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Chair Leg Raise Instructions
- The Roman Chair leg raise hits your lower abs. Set up for the exercise by positioning yourself in the Roman chair.
- Your forearms should be along the horizontal pads, hands gripping the handles, and back against the back pad.
- Take your feet off the supports so they're hanging. This is the start position of the exercise.
- Keeping your legs straight, feet and knees together, raise your legs up as far as possible.
- Pause for a count of 1 or more, then lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Leg Raise Tips:
- The longer you hold your legs up on each rep the harder the abs work. Increase the hold to make the exercise harder.
I hand a heart attack Oct. 28, 2014, a stient was put into my heart. When would be a good time to go back to the gym.
I had a massive heart attack in 2008. About 2-3 years after I began working out again. Even ran I couple of 5k's
give me a thumbs down
To replace this: Put your body in a plank position with hands on floor. Make legs wider than hips. While in this position raise one leg and then the alternate arm. Hold the position for one count. The take that same arm and leg and bring it in as if doing a crunch, your elbow and knee should be close together. This will strengthen the entire core area.
To make it harder move the legs closer together as if you are about to do a PU.
what other machines would you suggest to replace this?
thats wat i do bench leg lifts but i dont really c n provements twice aday 6 days aweek.
What do you do if you don't have that equipment?
Trying bench or floor leg raises instead.