- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Hip Extensions Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by setting the weight you want to use on a hip extension machine.
- Stand straight up in the machine with the front of your left leg against the padding. The padding should be positioned just above the knee.
- Keep both feet together and hold onto the machine handle with both hands for stability. This is the starting position.
- Slowly lift your left knee up in front of your body by pushing against the padding. This will raise the weight stack.
- Pause for a moment and slowly lower your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat using your right leg.
- Don't allow the weight to drop to the stack. Slowly lower it in a controlled fashion and focus on the contraction in your hips and glutes.
- Keep your upper body as still as possible, moving only at the hip of the working leg.
lol the main muscle there is your hip flexers not your glutes
Yep. You got that right.. :-)