Barbell Overhead Front Raise Overview
The barbell overhead front raise is a shoulder building exercise that targets the front deltoids. It is a variation of the barbell front raise, which includes a larger range of motion.
The barbell overhead front raise can be used as a progression from the barbell front raise. Although, you will likely need to use less weight to complete the movement.
Barbell Overhead Front Raise Instructions
- Select the desired weight and load it onto a barbell.
- Assume a shoulder width stance and grasp the bar at shoulder width with a pronated grip.
- Inhale, brace your abs, and raise the arms vertically while keeping the elbows nearly locked out.
- Once the arms are raised completely overhead, slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Overhead Front Raise Tips
- Don’t lean back as you raise the arms, keep the motion under control and don’t rely on momentum.
- Try not to bounce at the top of the movement, allow the shoulders to flex and then lower slowly.