- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Hanging Knee Raise Instructions
- The hanging knee raise hits your lower abs. You can hang from literally anything to do this exercise, but the most popular method using hanging from a pull up bar.
- Grip the bar with hands around shoulder width apart. Increase the width if you're tall and your feet touch the floor.
- Once you're hanging with your feet slightly off the floor, slowly pull your knees up keeping your legs together.
- Pause for a second, and slowly lower your knees back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Knee Raise Tips:
- You must do this exercise slowly. If you want to get the most benefit out of the hanging knee raise, slow it down.
- As you become more advanced, you can place a dumbbell between your feet.
- Avoid swinging your body, keeping your torso as still as possible.