Half Kneeling Adductor Pallof Press Overview
The half kneeling adductor pallof press is a variation of the pallof press and an exercise used to strengthen the muscle of the core.
The pallof press, in general, works the core by placing isometric tension on the muscle groups as you move a weight from the cable stack through a slight range of motion.
The half kneeling adductor pallof press adds an additional stretch the adductor muscle.
Half Kneeling Adductor Pallof Press Instructions
- Assume a half kneeling position and attach a handle to a cable stack at chest height.
- Straighten the leg closest to the cable stack to promote a stretch on your adductor (groin).
- Hold the handle to your chest and distribute your weight evenly between both feet.
- Press the handle horizontally to extension as you exhale.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions on both sides.
Half Kneeling Adductor Pallof Press Tips
- Don’t allow the hips to rotate as you press the handle to extension.
- Ensure that you exhale as you press to use the breath to drive more abdominal activation.
- If you find you can’t maintain a neutral spinal position during this variation, regress to a supine version and then progress into a half kneeling and tall kneeling version once you gain the requisite lumbo-pelvic control.
- Do not hold your breath, you shouldn’t be using respiration to compensate for a lack of stability. Learn how to move while maintaining position without having to rely upon your breath.