- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypeIsometric
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Glute Bridge Pallof Press Overview
The glute bridge pallof press is a combination exercise which combines the glute bridge and pallof press.
Primarily, the glute bridge pallof press targets the muscles of the core with a greater involvement from the glutes and obliques than alternative variations of the pallof press.
Glute Bridge Pallof Press Instructions
- Assume a supine position and attach a handle to a cable stack at chest height.
- Hold the handle at your chest and bridge your hips to extension.
- Bridge your hips to an extended position, hold the handle to your chest and allow the knees to remain bent with the feet flat.
- Press the handle vertically to extension as you exhale.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions on both sides.
Glute Bridge Pallof Press Tips
- Don’t allow the hips to rotate as you press the handle to extension.
- Ensure that you exhale as you press to use the breath to drive more abdominal activation.
- If you find you can’t maintain a neutral spinal position during this variation, regress to a supine version and then progress into a half kneeling and tall kneeling version once you gain the requisite lumbo-pelvic control.
- Do not hold your breath, you shouldn’t be using respiration to compensate for a lack of stability. Learn how to move while maintaining position without having to rely upon your breath.