Frog Sit Up Overview
The frog sit up is an exercise used to target the muscles of the core. It is a flexion based exercise and may not be suitable for those with low back pain.
The frog sit up is a variation of the sit up. The main difference in the frog sit up is the foot positioning, which as a result, encourages you to open up your hips more than a standard sit up would.
Frog Sit Up Instructions
- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your arms crossed, feet together, legs open, and knees pushed outwards.
- Exhale and squeeze your abs as you raise your upper back off the floor.
- Once your abs are fully contracted, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position and complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
Frog Sit Up Tips
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.