Floor Barbell Twist Instructions
- The floor barbell twist exercise focuses on your obliques. Grab a light barbell and rest it on the muscle on the back of your neck. Do not rest the weight on your neck!
- In a seated position keep your back straight with your glutes firmly on the floor or on a pad/mat and your feet out in front of you.
- Slowly twist your torso to the right and then to the left. Tense up your mid section.
- Twist as far as possible. Do not move your head with the twist, but keep eyes facing forward.
Barbell Twist Tips:
- Don't look from side to side. Keep your head facing forward.
- Keep your abs tight throughout the whole set.
- Keep your back straight.
- Make sure you have enough room if you're using an Olympic bar!