- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
EZ Bar Preacher Curl Instructions
- The EZ bar preacher curl is a great exercise to isolate the biceps, while minimizing the strain on your wrists. Adjust the seat on the preacher bench so that your upper arms sit comfortably on the padding when seated.
- Load the desired weight on the barbell.
- Sit on the preacher bench and grip the EZ bar with your hands shoulder width apart using an underhand (palms facing up) grip. (note: You can use a wide or narrow grip on this exercise)
- Keeping your back straight and eyes facing forward, take the weight off the rack so that you're supporting it with your arms slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Slowly bring the weight up until your forearms are at a right angle to the floor.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep the motion slow and controlled throughout the set.
- Don't "rest" at the top of the movement.
- Squeeze the biceps as hard as possible as your get the weight to the top.
- Use a wide grip to work the inner biceps and a close grip to work the outer biceps.
can you half me. I need Mass bildar
i have lean body age 31, wt 56 kg what exercise should i do to gain max muscle size
my gym doesn't have a preacher curl station, are there any alternatives for this life using dumbbells etc.?
Concentration curls - https://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/concentration-cur.html
@Jack R - it depends on where your pain is bro, i.e. do you mean the wrist joint itself, or the forearm wrist part. If preacher curls are giving you pain, alternate the exercise with another, see if that eliminates this problem. Ultimately, continuing to do something your body is telling you "this is hurting" is a great way to see yourself on the sidelines for a long time.
Whenever I do this it hurts my wrists? Any tips?
I had this issue sometimes in the past as well. You should probably go down in weight and invest in wrist straps or gloves with wrist straps on them.
DOing good keep it up its apost to!!
I find when im doing this exercise, it hurts my triceps when im lowering the barbell..
Nate, do what I did and start with lighter weights till you get your form down. You shouldn't be feeling that in your triceps. I suggest start with a 30 pound ez-bar and then gradually work your way up.