Lying Dumbbell Front Raise On Incline Bench Overview
The lying dumbbell front raise on incline bench video is a variation of the dumbbell front raise and an exercise used to build the muscles of the shoulder.
Specifically, the lying dumbbell front raise will primarily work the front deltoid. Having well built front deltoids can equate to stronger lifts, broader shoulders, and more shoulder stability.
Lying Dumbbell Front Raise On Incline Bench Instructions
- Assume a prone position on an incline bench with your legs and arms straight.
- Reach down and grasp each dumbbell with a neutral or pronated grip.
- Inhale and raise the arms vertically while keeping the elbows slightly bent.
- Once the arms are parallel with the floor, exhale and slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lying Dumbbell Front Raise On Incline Bench Tips
- Keep the motion under control and don’t rely on momentum.
- If you experience pain at the shoulder while performing the movement, use a neutral grip and keep your thumb pointed at the ceiling.
- Try not to bounce at the top of the movement, allow the shoulders to flex and then lower slowly.