Twisting Decline Dumbbell Situps Instructions
- Set a decline bench at around a 30 degree angle (you can go higher for more intensity).
- Grab 2 light dumbbells and position yourself on the incline bench with your back flat against the bench and dumbbells at shoulder height, with palms facing your feet.
- Tense your abs to pull yourself up while twisting and bringing your right arm forward with the dumbbell.
- At the top of the movement you should be sitting upright with your right arm across your left knee.
- Lower back down to the starting position slowly and repeat with the left arm forward.
- Do not let your upper back touch the bench at the bottom of the movement.
- Increase the decline of the bench for increased intensity.
- Always do this exercise slowly for maximum results.
- Heavy dumbbells are not needed to make the exercise effective. Start light and work up to heavier weights.