- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Decline Bench Leg Raise Instructions
- The decline bench leg raise is a good exercise to hit your lower abs. Grab a decline bench and set the angle to around 30 to 45 degrees.
- Lay on the bench backwards, with your head the highest end.
- Hold onto the pads above your head for stability.
- With your feet and knees together, point your legs out straight so your body forms a straight plank. Your legs should not be resting on the bench. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your legs straight, knees and feet together and rotating at the hips only, bring your feet up as far as possible.
- Don't pause at the top of the exercise, as this counts as a rest!
- Lower your legs back to the starting position and then repeat for desired reps.
- Your legs should not be touching the bench at all throughout the set.
- Add intensity by holding a dumbbell between your feet.