- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Decline Bench Knee Raise Instructions
- The decline bench knee raise is a good exercise to hit your lower abs. Grab a decline bench and set the angle to around 30 to 45 degrees.
- Lay on the bench backwards, with your head the highest end.
- Hold onto the pads above your head for stability.
- With your feet and knees together, point your legs out straight so your body forms a straight plank. Your legs should not be resting on the bench. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Execute by slowly pulling your knees up towards your chest as high as possible.
- Pause, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Knee Raise Tips:
- Do not swing your knees up. Use your abdominal muscles to move your legs - not momentum.
- Increase intensity by holding a dumbbell between your feet and/or pausing for a count of two at the top of the exercise.