Decline Abdominal Reach Instructions
- Set a decline bench at a height of between 30 and 45 degrees. The higher you set the bench the more challenging the exercise will be.
- Position yourself on the bench with your head at the lowest end.
- Get into the starting position by putting your hands together pointing at the ceiling and raising your shoulder blades slightly off the bench.
- Keeping your hands together, reach straight up towards the ceiling as far as possible.
- Pause, then lower yourself back to the starting position (with your shoulder blades off the bench).
- This exercise is awesome for core strength. It's already challenging, but you can add extra intensity by holding a dumbbell in your hands and pausing for a count of 2 at the top of the exercise.
- Make sure you don't let your shoulder blades touch the bench throughout the set.