- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull (Unilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Concentration Curl Overview
The concentration curl is a bodybuilding favorite for building biceps.
Some promote the concentration curl claiming it to be an exercise guaranteed to produce a bicep pump and build the mind muscle connection.
With that said, the slow tempo typically used during the concentration curl is great for building the biceps and since it is an unilateral exercise, it helps work each bicep equally.
Concentration Curl Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack, and sit in an upright position on a flat bench.
- Hinge forward and position your elbow near the base of your knee. Place your free hand on the other knee to stabilize yourself.
- Using a supinated (palms facing up) grip, take a deep breath and curl the dumbbell towards your shoulder.
- Once the bicep is fully shortened, slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on both sides.
Concentration Curl Tips
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.
what is the rest tym between reps?
I'll right away seize your rss feed as I can't in finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly permit me recognize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
Lower the amount of weight you are using and increase the amount of reps. Your right arm may not feel as tired as the left but keep with it and it should begin to even out.
My left arm always workout less ,I mean it gets tired easily and stops at half reps while right arm still wants to work ?? Solution?
This type of imbalance is common. Keep pushing hard with dumbbell exercises and you should gain strength in both arms.
do we need to maintain weight per set .?
Concentration curl never works for me.. i feel it more in the forearms than my biceps. Dumbbell preacher curl works way better for me. But that's just me.
Are you asking how to use the thigh as a back rest or how is it possible to use your left thigh while working out the left bicep, and right thigh while working our right bicep??
>> You will use your left thigh as a back rest throughout the movement.
How does that work?
Everytime I do the bicep concentration curls my thighs and my legs and feet get really stiff. They start to feel tired for some reason and it is very uncomfortable. What should I do? Is this common? thanks
Lol i get the same thing. Its almost like an outer hip/pelvis cramp. I sometimes also get it whilst bench pressing.