Close Grip Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the close grip cable curl by attaching a straight bar to the low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your legs shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up), hands about 6 to 8 inches apart.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in by your sides, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower it back to starting position.
- Do not pause, but go straight into the next rep!
- Close grip curl is good for hitting the outer part of the bicep.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight on the way down.
- Keep your elbows tucked in at your sides.
- Don't lean or swing back as you curl the weight up.