- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Crossovers (Upper Chest) Instructions
- Set up the cable machine for crossovers by adjusting the pulleys to the highest point possible on both sides and attaching single grip handles.
- Set your desired weight on the weight stacks and grasp each handle with your palms facing down.
- Take a step forward.
- With your arms slightly bent at the elbows, keep your chest up and your eyes facing forwards. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Rotating at the shoulders only and moving your arms in a circular motion, slowly bring the handles together out in front of your body around head height.
- Squeeze your chest as you bring the handles together.
- Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position and then repeat for desired reps.
Cable Crossovers (Upper Chest) Tips
- Form is more important than the weight used in this exercise.
- Focus on getting a good chest squeeze on the way down, and a good stretch on the way up.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent throughout the movement, and do not change the angle of your arms.