- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Machine Bicep Curl Instructions
- Set up for the machine bicep curl by setting the seat height and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- When you sit on the machine your upper arms should rest comfortably on the padding. If they don't, adjust the seat.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip at around shoulder width apart.
- Bend the elbows slightly to take the weight up and place tension on the biceps.
- Slowly curl the weight up as far as possible, squeezing the biceps at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Make sure you use a full range of motion by allowing the weight to go as far as possible without hitting the stack.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and control the weight.
- If you have a training partner, the bicep machine is good for heavy negative curls.
I don't have this machine in my gym, what is the other options?
Let me know what you have access to, and I can give you the best alternative.
Some exercises mention that you should add additional weight for the last two sets yet they only give two sets???
Hi Oskars, you can replicate this exercise by kneeling behind a large lorry and lifting it up. Good luck.
Hi, in the gym, where I train, isn't a machine like that :| With what can I replace this exctr.??
Quick question. I'm a beginner (one month in the gym so far), and yesterday when I did this exercise, on my second and third set, I felt a weird discomfort feeling in my antecubital space (opposite side of elbow, where blood is drawn from). Can you tell me what you think that may be??