Lats, Shoulders, Triceps
Barbell Pullover And Press Instructions
- The barbell pullover and press is a great all round upper body mass builder working the chest, triceps, shoulders and lats. Set up for the exercise by grasping a barbell using a wider than shoulder width grip and laying back with your upper back on a flat bench.
- Your body should be straight and your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Push the barbell straight up towards the ceiling. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your arms straight, lower the barbell back behind your head as far as possible.
- Pause, then slowly lower the bar back up.
- Once the bar is back to the starting position immediately lower it down towards your chest until it's almost touching.
- Pause, then raise the bar back up to the starting position. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Barbell Pullover and Press Tips:
- It's important you flow with this exercise. Control the weight, but don't rest at the top position.
- As soon as you bring the weight up from behind your head start pressing it down towards your chest.