Alternate Seated Dumbbell Front Raise Instructions
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and sit on the end of a flat bench with a straight back and feet close together.
- Hold the dumbbells at your sides with your arms extended using a neutral grip (palms facing the bench). This is the starting position.
- Begin by raising your left arm and twisting the dumbbell so that you are now using an overhand grip and your palm is facing the floor. Keep a slight bend in your elbow.
- Moving only at the shoulder and keeping your body as still as possible, continue raising the dumbbell out in front of you until your arm is just above parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a brief moment at the top of the movement, and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position - twisting it back to a neutral grip as it nears the height of the bench.
- Immediately repeat this movement using your right arm. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.
- Use slow and controlled movement - avoid "swinging" the weights up and dropping them quickly.