Alternate Seated Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Set up for the alternate seated dumbbell curl by grabbing a flat bench or adjustable bench and placing a set of dumbbells at one end. If you're using an adjustable bench, adjust the back to a 90 degree angle.
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet out in front of you and your knees together.
- Pick up the dumbbells from the floor and let them hang by your sides with your palms facing up.
- Bend the arms slightly to take the tension into the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your back straight and your elbows tucked in at your sides, slowly curl up the dumbbell in your weakest arm (for most people this is their left) up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep hard, then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the other arm, and then repeat for desired reps.
Dumbbell Curl Tips:
- Keep your body fixed throughout the set. Do not lean back when curling the dumbbells up.
- Keep your elbows tucked in at your sides.
- Keep the tension on the bicep throughout the set, even in the arm that is not curling the weight.