Alternate Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by grasping a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and sitting on the edge of a flat bench with your feet close together.
- Bring your torso forward by bending at the waist. Keep your head up and your eyes facing forward.
- Each elbow should be slightly bent and the dumbbells should be hanging under your thighs. The dumbbells should not be touching. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the shoulder, raise your left arm in a semi-circular motion out to your side until your arm is parallel to the floor. Keep the slight bend in your elbow throughout the movement.
- Squeeze your shoulder blade at the height of the movement and then begin slowly lowering the dumbbell back to the starting position using the same path you used to raise it.
- Repeat the movement with your right arm. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades and pause for a moment at the top of the movement.
- Do not let the dumbbells "hang" at the bottom of the movement, but keep the tension in your arms.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulder. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.