- NPC Coastal Championships 1st Novice and 1st LW
- NGA Natural World Championships 1st Novice 1st LW
- NPC Monson Classic Overall Junior and Overall Winner
- SNBF Atlanta 1st Medium Height
- SNBF Georgia State 2nd Medium Height
- NPC Atlanta Overall Winner
- NGA Natural World Championships 2nd MW
- INBF Naturalmania Nationals 3rd LW
- SNBF Atlanta 1st Medium Height
- NGA Natural World Championships 1st MW
- INBF Mid American Pro-Am 2nd LW
- INBF Naturalmania Nationals 2nd LW
- INBF Southern Naturals 2nd LW
- INBF Mid American Pro-AM 2nd LW
- INBF Naturalmania Nationals 1st LW and Overall (pro card received)
- WNBF Worlds 5th Pro LW
What is your background and how did you get started in bodybuilding?
I started working out in college with a roommate of mine. I stuck with it and once I graduated and started my career, competing was the natural progression. Ive been hooked since.
Why do you love bodybuilding?
It gives you a long term goal to work towards and makes you physically and mentally strong.
What is your training philosophy?
One week consists of heavier compound movements with lower reps, higher weights, and higher rest periods. This is followed by a week of higher volume higher repetition training.
What's a good workout routine that has given you results?
- Monday - Shoulders and Traps
- Tuesday - Hamstrings and Calves
- Wednesday - Back and Triceps
- Thursday - Cardio only
- Friday - Quads and Calves
- Saturday - Chest and Biceps
- Sunday - Cardio only
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts - Because my hamstrings suck!
- Squats - Because I love the challenge.
- Incline Barbell Press - Love the stretch.
What’s the best training tip you could give to others?
Put your blinders on and try not to get distracted in the gym. Train intensely and get out!
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Eat with goals in mind. Eat with a purpose.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
7 meals, higher carb intake, 250 grams of protein and enjoying myself from time to time with friends.
Give us a typical day in your diet (contest prep):
7 meals, keep carbs as high as possible with the goal of losing around 1 lb a week, 250 g of protein and 40-50 g of fat.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Oatmeal, whey and fruit is always a favorite of mine.
Favorite cheat food?
When I go out I like sushi and steak! Can’t go wrong with a juicy burger and fries from time to time.
What’s be the best nutrition tip you could give to others?
Know what you’re eating all year long so you can make minor adjustments to achieve your goals. Never cut or add calories drastically any time of year.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
What brands do you think are offering the best products at the moment?
What do you think is a good off season muscle building stack?
What do you think is a good pre-contest/fat loss stack?
I'm a big fan of Redline while dieting. Watermelon extreme is my favorite!
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to someone thinking about competing in natural bodybuilding?
- Be patient. Take time to build a quality physique before you start to compete.
- Stay consistent. Make a plan and stick to it.
- Stay focused.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Stay calm, relax and have fun!
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who's having trouble staying on track?
I stay motivated thinking of all the quality competitors I see in the INBF/WNBF year in and year out. Just know that your competition is working very hard and it will be hard not to stay on track.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
After making my pro debut at the 2009 WNBF Worlds, I will be taking 2010 off to relax, grow and live life a little bit! I will be returning to the stage in late 2011.
What would you like to achieve in your natural bodybuilding career?
I would like to be a positive influence on young bodybuilders and to show them that they don’t need drugs to build and incredible physique. I would like to climb the ranks in the WNBF and eventually be in the hunt for the LW class at Worlds. Through it all I would like to glorify God and be a positive influence on those I come into contact with.
Who are your favorite bodybuilders and idols?
I am a big fan of some of the LW guys in the WNBF. In particular, I have always admired the physiques of Clement Yearwood and Brian Whitacre. Sharing the overall Naturalmania title with Clement (he won in 2008 and I won in 2009) and standing on the same stage as Brain at the Worlds were both very surreal moments in my bodybuilding career.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?