Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- Set up for the overhand close grip lat pull by attaching a small straight bar to the machine (you can use the wide grip bar if you prefer), setting the weight on the stack, and adjusting the knee pad.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip, hands around 10-12 inches apart.
- Sit down on the machine with your arms fully outstretched. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your back and body straight, slowly pull the weight down to your upper chest.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the start position. Do not let the stack drop.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Pause for a count of 2 at the bottom of this exercise and squeeze your lats to add intensity.
- Don't lean back when you pull the weight down - this is cheating!
- Focus on using the muscles in your back to pull the weight down. The only purpose your forearms will serve in this exercise is to hold the weight.